Views
Helpful
Replies

CCC Image Update Preparations

jaydon-ion95
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I'm currently looking to get our enterprises vast collection of cisco devices upgraded and I want to accomplish this via using CCC.

Does anybody have a set standard to follow/prep list to ensure no errors are ran into along the way? Any knowledge about common issues/specific commands that are need add etc, would be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

4 Replies 4

StevieC666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

When you say 'upgraded; what do you mean? Do you mean hardware upgrades from say 3650's to 9300's etc where you need to transpose the config enabling a more straight forward migration from old to new?

Just wondering as I've seen an upcoming feature within Catalyst Center to enable IOS > IOS-XE upgrades, might be worth reaching out to your TSE/TAM to see if there's any alignment/fit against your requirement that might be of interest in the EFT phase for the next release.

Apologies I meant IOS upgrades, just looking for advice and tips of bugs/issues that may pop up along the road.

Hello!

The SWIM feature in Cisco Catalyst Center (CCC) is quite comprehensive and takes control of the upgrade process. Catalyst Center will check all the prerequisites on the switches, including configuration register (confreg), available space, file transfer and other stuff. During the distribution and activation process, it performs prechecks and postchecks. If you have specific configurations on your devices, I recommend preparing custom checks (e.g., VPLS, L3 MPLS, routing tables, etc.). Aside from setting the golden image, there’s not much else you need to do. In the latest version, 2.3.7, you can also specify the order in which devices are upgraded. I’ve performed numerous upgrades with CCC/DNA-C, and have not had any major issues.

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

What are the different switch models?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card