cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA 3 Node Cluster, RMA/Replacing parts across two nodes.

Rob M_Canada
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 nodes, and two nodes have faulty parts.

Node 2 requires an SSD and Node 3 requires memory.

I cannot seem to find information about how to go about replacing these parts and in which order.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-traffic-appliance/hardware_installation_guide/b_dna_tta_app_hig/asr1hig-book_chapter_0110.html

I understand that to replace my memory, its a full system shut down. The power supplies must be pulled out before the top will open.

I also have a down storage disk - and I cannot find anywhere if it's hot swappable or if I need to bring the node down first. The above link only mentions how to swap the NIM SSD. (Which is not my situation)

I'm waiting on a response from TAC (because they also processed my RMA) but I'm entering into a long weekend and if there is a Raid rebuild, I would like to get that started soon.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> I also have a down storage disk - and I cannot find anywhere if it's hot swappable or if I need to bring the node down first. The above link only mentions how to swap the NIM SSD. (Which is not my situation) <<<

DNA server is basically a UCS server with a separate CIMC management controller
open the CIMC interface (not the DNA web-interface) and check the storage configuration using the menu icon upper-left
You'll probably find this is a single raid-volume or maybe separate raid's for OS en DATA
if so you can just replace the disk and start a rebuild

pieterh_0-1691485972710.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card