Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center Issues & Events wrong Device Role

NicS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm facing a strange issue in DNA Center 2.3.3.6. Swiches regularly show up in the Issues & Events as P1 issues, because they are being incorrectly identified as device role "CORE":

"This network device [Switch A FQDN] is unreachable from Cisco DNA Center. The device role is CORE." This particular switch however, is an ACCESS switch, which you can see clearly in the image. We only have a small amount of core switches, but there are a lot of issues showing up with the same error.

Is this a known bug? I can't search my way to an answer. I've experienced a bunch of issues with this firmware and are talking with the TAC about another issue regarding System 360.

1 Reply 1

wpbrown417
Level 1
Level 1

Curious if you every resolved this issue.  I'm a new user to DNAC, running on 2.3.3.7.  When discovering my network I regularly find the C9300 added as DISTRIBUTION, even though they are our L3 CORE.  I'll update the Device Role tag, but I don't see this reflected in Assurance > Health, it's still reported as DISTRTIBUTION for a day or two, then seems to mysteriously resolve itself.  I've ruled out this being a browser caching issue (persists across multiple browsers, multiple users) which makes me think this is a server side issue.