Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA center LAN automation

nathanmonteyne0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me.
so in DNA center when I start the LAN automation it is now saying seed provisioned.
First this was a location where I have done multiple LAN automations already but since a few days it started by saying seed provisioned and that's it, no further discovery or Provisioning is done at that point.

Cannot really find a solution on this. Already done PnP reset on the switches but still same affect. So I wanted to test out if it also happend with just the switches that i have left or that it is with every switch so I reset one of the switches that was already configured and it is doing the same.

Unfortunately the logging isn't that great.

Can anyone help me in this with where to look or if they have also experienced this and how it got resolved?

3 Replies 3

Hi

Seed provisioned should be the switch with DHCP assigned. Does it get to this point? I mean, the switch receives IP address?

What do you see in Actions > Provision > LAN Automation Status.

it doesn't get to the DHCP, it is directly connected to  seed devices and after a minute or  the status of the LAN Automation changes to seed provisioned. 

nathanmonteyne0
Level 1
Level 1

adding a bit more info to this post:

Tested the following scenarios to see if it depends on some other things when selecting my settings.
On the seed devices it showing there is a switch connected to the interface i have selected in the LAN automation.
When I start it I get the status seed provisioned and nothing happens further.

scenario one tested:
Different port connected still getting same status.

scenario two tested:
Random port where there is nothing connected and also getting seed provisioned status.

Scenario three tested: only primary seed device selected still the same.
getting this with all the switches now that I try to perform LAN automation on

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card