Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNAC-ISE integration via pxgrid giving error

Hello all,

DNAC integration with ISE giving error of "Error retrieving PSN nodes from PAN" in the discovering nodes state during integration. All pre-requisites of same GUI and CLI admin credentials on ISE are met including FQDN, reachability, etc. When checked on Kibana in DNAC GUI as well as Maglev, error states "Error fetching AAAServerSetting for CiscoIse null". I tried searching around the community and Cisco Live docs but couldn't find anything relevant to error in my environment. Anyone who faced the same issue? Any help appreciated

DNAC Version 2.2.3.5 , ISE 3.0 patch 4

Attached error snap!

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Martin Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pranav,

did you solve the problem? I am facing the same and checked all Deployment Guides, so TAC would be the next step.

Regards,

Martin

Backflip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have exactly the same issue error message, after running this connectivity over a long period. My DNAC is 2.2.2.9, my ISE is 2.7 Patch 2. I checked the whole config again and startet the services new, but get still the message. Anyone have some hints?

Martin Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

We got this action Plan from TAC: We discovered in Logs, that a Certificate was missing in DNAC from the Chain of Trust so after that, the issue was fixed:

Also, please proceed with the below action:

-restart the pxgrid and network-design services from the DNA cli using the below commands:
magctl service restart --hard pxgrid

magctl service restart --hard network-design

-Then on two sessions, please execute the below two commands:
on the first session:
magctl service logs -rf network-design | lql > /home/maglev/networkdesignlogs

on the second session:

magctl service logs -rf pxgrid | lql > /home/maglev/pxgridlogs

- Then please proceed with the integration again.
After the integration, please stop the logging that we run on both sessions by “ctrl+c” and provide me with the files that will be placed under home/maglev/ files name: networkdesignlogs and pxgridlogs

In the Log there was this line:

| 751 | Caused by: com.cisco.apicem.commonsettings.service.exception.ISETrustException: PRIMARY Certificate is UNTRUSTED

So we imported all the CA Certificates from the PKI which signed the Admin Certs and all was good.

Cisco should update there documentation, because in the linked Deployment Guides there nothing about that trust.

Backflip
Level 1
Level 1

The restart of the service pxgrid and network-design solved my issue. I did not had to change the certificates because there wasn't an "UNTRUSTED" message in the log. 

Many thanks @Martin Grimm 

Martin Grimm
Level 1
Level 1

Great to read that. So service restart is a solution too. @pranav: how did you solve the problem? I think this thread can be marked as "Solved".