Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime to DNAC (Catalyst Center) Migration Licensing

ulas umut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I have a customer who will migrate from CisoPrime to DNAC (catalyst center). They have currently a mix of devices such as

Catalyst 9k Access Points and c9k Switches

18xx and 28xx Access Points and c9800 WLC

non c9k switches (some of them are EOL)

they are using Prime mainly for inventory, config backup and wireless features(heat maps etc.). They would like to use the same features in DNAC, no SD-access or assurance is required. 

My questions are about licensing. To be precise which Subscription models will they use? Can they continue using their old perpetual licenses or do they need DNA subscription(except Catalyst 9k series, where they already bought DNA subs). 

i could find some info but i am confused.here are some sources and my questions  

"Everything that you need to be aware of Licensing for Cisco Catalyst Center - BRKOPS-2375" (https://www.ciscolive.com/on-demand/on-demand-library.html?search=2375#/session/17075055440470

ulasumut_0-1711552619564.png

01p98Z)

for 3750 or 4500 for example which licenses need to be bought so that switches can be managed by DNAC?

same for Air1800 Access Points? 

Second question is: can they get any credit for their old licenses if they need to buy DNA Subsc.?

thirsd question is about ISE: do they need extra licenses for ISE after migrated to DNAC?

best,

Ulas

0 Replies 0