Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA-C Maglev password reset

Niklaslarsson1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm setting up our DNA Center and I've run in to some issues.

firstly, when trying to connect to the GUI via HTTPS I only get an error saying: 

{"message":"no API found with those values"}

trying to troubleshoot this I turned to the maglev cli. only to find out that the linux password I set does not work.

One thing I'm suspecting is I used a special character in the password, and when I typed that character in the "username" field, trying to login to console, it shows up as ^[3 (instead of £ for example, scandinavian password...)

I have searched and can't find anywhere where I can reset this password, I can't enter the wizard because I only get to the maglev-master-1 login: page. 

Can't find anything about it in CIMC either.

any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Although I know your current issue has been resolved, I'd like to update this discussion - just in case if anyone else has the similar problem.

Such errors like below usually mean the DNAC installation got corrupted:

Unfortunately, it cannot be fixed manually, and the only possible way is to re-install the DNA Center using the correct software image (i.e. check MD5 sum after the download) and correct Bootable USB mode (it must be DD).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sivathot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I recommend to reach out to TAC Support.

In order to complete the first-time setup wizard, you will need the following information:
• A new password for the admin superuser. Resetting the admin superuser password is an important way
to enhance operational security if, for example, personnel who will not be DNA Center users or
administrators installed the DNA Center software.
• The Cisco.com user ID and password your organization usesto registersoftware downloads and receiving
system communications via email.
• The Cisco.com Smart Account user ID and password your organization uses for managing your device
and software licenses.
• The host name, URL, admin user name and admin password of the InfoBlox or Bluecat IP address
manager (IPAM) server you plan to use with DNA Center.

Step 1 After the DNA Center appliance reboot has completed, launch your browser.
Step 2 Enter the host IP address to access the DNA Center GUI.
Use HTTPS and the IP address of the DNA Center GUI that was displayed at the end of the configuration process.
Step 3 After entering the IP address in the browser, a message stating that "Your connection is not private" appears.
Ignore the message and click the Advanced link.
Step 4 After clicking the Advanced link, a message stating that the site’s security certificate is not trusted appears.
Ignore the message and click the link. The DNA Center Login window appears.
This message appears because the controller uses a self-signed certificate. You will have the option to upload a trusted
certificate using the GUI.
Step 5 In the Login window, enter the administrator username and password that you configured when you configured DNA
Center. Then click Log In.
Step 6 The Reset Login window appears. Enter the old password, then enter and confirm a new password for the admin superuser.
Then click Save.
Step 7 The Enter Cisco.com ID window appears. Enter the user ID and password for the Cisco.com user, then click Next.
Step 8 The Smart Account window appears. Enter the user ID and password for your organization's Smart Account, then click
Next.
Step 9 The IP Address Manager window appears. Enter the server and admin information for the external IP address manager
your organization will use, and specify its type (for example, InfoBlox). Then click Next.
Step 10 The software EULA window appears. Click Next to accept the software End User License Agreement and continue.
Step 11 The Ready To Go! window appears. Click on any of the links displayed to start discovering devices and constructing
your network hierarchy, or click Go to display the main DNA Center dashboard.

Although I know your current issue has been resolved, I'd like to update this discussion - just in case if anyone else has the similar problem.

Such errors like below usually mean the DNAC installation got corrupted:

Unfortunately, it cannot be fixed manually, and the only possible way is to re-install the DNA Center using the correct software image (i.e. check MD5 sum after the download) and correct Bootable USB mode (it must be DD).