Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center First Gen installation issues

So I have re-imaged my DNA center first gen appliance and cant seem to figure out/understand how the networking works. I have the two 10g ports cabled to the same switch but on different vlans and different IP address space. Then I have the CIMC on my mgmt vlan as well as the Optional GUI port. I keep getting fails on pings and NTP. 

What interface is used to sync to NTP server? Why does it say my controller is behind a proxy?

I have the 10g ports set to access with none for vlan at this point to start small. So each port has the vlan that is needed. I can see the mac addresses of the vNics so I know the connectivity is working. 

DNAC_Cabling.PNG

2 Replies 2

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

For the DNA Center first Gen appliance, the 10GbE ports need to be configured in trunk mode. Please see the below installation guide, steps 3 and 4 under Execute Pre-Flight Checks. From the details that you have provided, it appears that you have configured the 10GbE ports as access? I remember having similar network connectivity issues with a first Gen appliance and changing the interfaces to trunks solved the problem.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/install/b_dnac_install_1_2/b_dnac_install_1_2_chapter_01.html

Also what interface have you set as the default gateway to reach your NTP server? Enterprise or GUI Port?

Hope that this helps

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As will mentioned in his comment, the 10gb MLOM ports are need to be configured as Trunk ports in 2 places:

• CIMC MLOM configuration for the 10gb NIC Cards
  • The Actual layer 2 switch port that you connect the 10gb NIC Cards

Here is a summary of the personality recommendations for each port on the Gen1 Cisco DNA Center:

FOR DN1 Appliance (M4)
----------------------
NETWORK ADAPTER #1 10_Gbit port [enp10s0] - Cluster Port (Intra Cluster Link) (recommended)
NETWORK ADAPTER #2 1_Gbit port [enp1s0f0] - Management (recommended)
NETWORK ADAPTER #3 1_Gbit port [enp1s0f1] - Cloud Update Connectivity (recommended)
NETWORK ADAPTER #4 10_Gbit port [enp9s0] - Enterprise Network (recommended)

Based on the IP configuration of each Network Adapter that you configure will determine how you get to Shared Services (NTP, DHCP, DNS, etc...)  and the Internet for AWS connectivity.  One Network Adapter will have a default Gateway which will typically be the Network Adapter the Cisco DNA Center will communicate with the Internet.   The Custer Port is typically on a private VLAN and static routes are not necessary.  If you configure a third Network Adapter for either management or Enterprise connectivity, this interface configuration will need Static Routes configured.

So how you configure the IP configuration depends on your "Intent" for each network adapter.  In addition to the IP configuration, each network adapter configured should be connected and have an UP Status.  The Network Adapter configured as the Cluster Port\Cluster link "must" be connected and have a UP Status.

I hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card