Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center PnP cert-install failed

pholos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

While trying to use the DNA Center's PNP functionality, I got this error. Can someone explain to me what's that about ?

I haven't added any PnP profile to the device.

Thanks !

cert_pnp.PNG

5 Replies 5

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you using an enterprise certificate on your DNAC?
If you are, it may be the case that the DNAC cert is missing or has incorrect details on the below fields.

subjectAltName = @alt_names
[alt_names]
DNS.1 = FQDN-of-Cisco-DNA-Center
DNS.2 = pnpserver.DomainAssignedByDHCPDuringPnP.tld

Other issue may be NTP not synced and possibly the cert showing expired.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

pholos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently using the default certificate issued by Cisco DNA Center. Are we talking about the website cert or the one under Settings/Trust & Privacy 

pholos_0-1680597966166.png this one has expired. But the one under Settings/Trust & Privacy hasn't.

The DNA isn't synced indeed (a slight difference) so the cert is not supposed to be showing expired.

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

Yes the one on Settings - system certificates.
I'd suggest you get a TAC opened to further look into it.

Regards.

pholos
Level 1
Level 1

Ok ! Will do.

Just one last question : I have a licence problem, so I'm currently on “Evaluation” mode.

Is it possible that my certificate issue is related to this one ?

Thanks.

PabMar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Don't think the license may have an impact on the certificate issue.

Best to get TAC to look into it. I've seen from other TAC cases that there are multiple things that could be happening. I just highlighted two of the ones I've seen.

I see your switch has an active services contract, if you have an active contract on your DNAC, then go ahead and open a TAC. They'll be best to check what's going on.
If they find the issue for you, please feel free to post the solution here afterwards.

Regards.