Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center wireless provisioning

pohjaton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using DNA Center to provision the wireless over to several sites starting with plug and play of access points and then pushing the desired config via DNA Center provisioning. 

One thing that I have not been able to solve yet, is how to rename the access points from default name. The parameters for the initial PnP config does not contain that variable (to my knowledge) and I have not found a way to do that other than doing it via WLC or via Prime afterwards.

Any hints from anyone how to add this as part of the provisioning steps?

4 Replies 4

Currently AP rename option is not available through DNA Center, you can rename the AP in WLC or prime, which will not cause any impact.

Regards,

Aravind

-Aravind

nitekum5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AP rename option is not available through DNA Center.

is this still the case that AP rename feature is not available with 2.3.3.x in DNA-Center? If so, is this feature in the roadmap?

Hi @merilcerpos 

AP renaming has been supported in DNA Center since version 2.2.2.X using the 'Configure Access Points' workflow. There have been a number of enhancements to this workflow in DNAC 2.3.3.X such as the ability to create and apply custom naming conventions to the access points or by updating the access point names from csv (AP identifier can be the current AP name, serial number or base ethernet MAC address)

willwetherman_0-1666692589399.png

See the below from the DNA Center 2.3.3.X User Guide for further details

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_3/m_dnac_workflows.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_1beca149-a62a-4add-bbfc-47d3db42daec