Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA for Non-SD-WAN Cisco 8300

Siham
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Please I want to use the new Cisco 8300 (C8300-1N1S-4T2X) as an edge router using the two 10G included ports and the router should support just the classic routing protocols (no SDWAN needed). In this case, what is the DNA SKU that we can choose knowing that I want just a classic routing router with 10G throughput? (The L-DNA-C8300 seems to respond just to the SDWAN context with T0.... T3 options);

Thanks for your support !

BR.

1 Reply 1

Hi Siham,

I've included the link below, and you will find your answer.

Cisco Catalyst 8300 Series Edge Platforms FAQ - Cisco

Software subscription is mandatory for Cisco Catalyst 8000 Series Edge Platforms at the initial time of purchase of the hardware. The software subscription is mandatory for both Autonomous mode (traditional routing) and Controller mode (SDWAN). To enable all advanced Cisco DNA capabilities, customers will require Cisco DNA Premier or Cisco DNA Advantage which is packed with powerful features. Cisco DNA Essentials offers basic automation, configuration, and management capabilities.

Purchasing the hardware alone does not provide entitlements to use the device in either the Controller or the Autonomous mode. A Cisco DNA subscription is needed to enable the software capabilities supported. A network stack is needed for Autonomous mode and a Cisco DNA stack is needed for Controller mode operation. These licenses are included as part of Cisco DNA subscription. Term-based licenses are mandatory for Catalyst 8000 Edge Platform Family at the initial time of purchase to unlock any capabilities.