cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC: AP / WLC configuration and status compliance checks

cc001
Level 1
Level 1

We recently adopted DNAC as a replacement for our wireless monitoring solution, and we will be gradually adding our AireOS and Cat9K WLCs into the system.  I am looking at any built in capabilities that verify the following information shown below for AP status checks, and also for AP/WLC configuration checks.  The APs and WLCs will not be configured from DNAC (initially,) I am just looking to see if we can utilize DNAC to generate reports/information to provide the requested information.  I've looked into Network Profiles, Inventory > Compliance, and Template Editor, and it's unclear to me if either of these are appropriate for what I am looking for?

AP Status Check Items:  AP Online, AP using PoE, AP Radios enabled and up

Compliance Items to Check:

APs registered to AireOS:  AP Group, Flex Group, Flex VLAN enabled, Flex VLAN ID, Country Code

APs registered to Cat9k:  AP Location Name, Tag Policy, Tag Site,      

WLC Compliance:  Wireless Profile configuration, Wireless Tag Site configuration, WLAN configuration compliance

Thank you,

CC

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as Long as WLC added to DNAC and AP in the map, you can generate lot more reports

Also check that make sure you upgraded DNAC to 2.3.3.7 get more advanced option.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_3_3.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as Long as WLC added to DNAC and AP in the map, you can generate lot more reports

Also check that make sure you upgraded DNAC to 2.3.3.7 get more advanced option.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_2_3_3.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

cc001
Level 1
Level 1

The pre-defined reports get me about 2/3 of the available information that I am looking for.  I think we will look to utilize the available API's for the other information that we want.  Thank you for your response.