cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Device not added to inventory - No CLI credentials Provided

lcollins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm working on basic DNAC PNP configuration. The switch boots and is configured correctly by DNA however the device is not added to the inventory and this error is given: "NCOB02064: Device not added to Inventory - No CLI credentials provided".

I can however ssh to the device using the credentials I configured under Design>Network Settings>Device Credentials>CLI

The credentials configure are to the local device and are not using any external authentication.

The switch configuration for auth looks like this:

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default local

- DNAC writes my credentials to the device correctly, see next line.

username <USERNAME> privilege 15 secret 9 <encryptedpasswordhere>

line vty 0 4
privilege level 15
transport preferred none
transport input ssh

The above works fine to access the switch via SSH but DNA does not added it to the inventory.  I was originally working with a larger configuration with a few basic variable, but paired the config down to the basics to figure out why it was not adding to the inventory. 

Any assistant would be appreciated.

DNAC Version 2.3.3.4-72142

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lotusbakeries
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, renaming the old credentials and re-creating them solved the issue.

View solution in original post

lcollins
Level 1
Level 1

I updated my Creds at the Global level as recommended and it solved the problem. Note I also created creds for HTTP/HTTPS and SNMPv3 under Global

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this a 3 node cluster?  Was it initially running 1.x DNA software?  There is a known bug that could match your scenario, CSCwb57629.  The workaround is to delete and renter your global cli credentials in DNA before trying PnP again.

Preston, 

Thanks for the assistance.  This is an appliance not in a cluster and has not been upgrade from the 1.x version train as far as I can find.  

@lcollins  I just learned that it requiers re-entering all credentials, not just CLI.  Can you let us know that works for your case as well?

Preston,

I opened a TAC case for this issue, will let you know the outcome. Support has asked us to remove and reapply all creds at the global level. However we are concerned how this might effect the other client already managed by DNAC just not acquired by the PNP process.

adxglock
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue with my DNAC as well when onboarding with PNP - 

NCOB02064: Device not added to Inventory - No CLI credentials provided

Even though after this process I run a discovery and the device is managed fine through DNAC

lotusbakeries
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, renaming the old credentials and re-creating them solved the issue.

lcollins
Level 1
Level 1

I updated my Creds at the Global level as recommended and it solved the problem. Note I also created creds for HTTP/HTTPS and SNMPv3 under Global

swapsakker
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same problem with signle node in version 2.3.3.5-70134

Me too

You need to create a new CLI user under "Device Credentials" at the Global level and also for HTTP/HTTPS and SNMPv3, and then Apply these credentials.