cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Disaster Recovery

mohamed_afarrag
Level 1
Level 1

I have DNAC Up and running in the main site "Single node" and we will proceed with the DR setup "1+1+1".

1) I need to confirm that there is an option to convert existing enterprise VIP to DR VIP to avoid reprovisioning of devices for the main site.

2) In that case enterprise VIP and DR VIP must be in the same subnet or it could be in different subnet. 

4 Replies 4

Hi

"

To enable HA in your production environment, the following requirements must be met:

• Your cluster consists of three Cisco DNA Center appliances with the same number of cores. This means that your cluster can consist of both the first-generation 44 core appliance (Cisco part number DN1-HW-APL) and the second-generation 44 core appliance (Cisco part numbers DN2-HW-APL and DN2-HW-APL-U)."

• Multinode cluster deployments require all of the member nodes to be in the same network and at the same site. The Cisco DNA Center appliance does not support the distribution of nodes across multiple networks or sites.

I redommend you ready this doc.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/ha_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ha_guide_2_1_2.html 

Many thanks Flavio for your reply.

The topic that I'm talking about is the DNAC disaster recovery setup not DNAC high availability.

HA deals with a cluster node failure but disaster recovery deals with datacenter failure 

Sorry, I messed that. Although some requirements are similar as you can see below.

But, you your specific question,

"

1) I need to confirm that there is an option to convert existing enterprise VIP to DR VIP to avoid reprovisioning of devices for the main site.

2) In that case enterprise VIP and DR VIP must be in the same subnet or it could be in different subnet."

You can see on this guide that, it mention BGP between Peers, which means, they can be in different networks.

If you want to use Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) to advertise your system's virtual IP address routes, you need to configure your system's Enterprise virtual IP address on each of the main and recovery site's neighbor routers. The configuration you need to enter will look similar to one the following examples:

Interior BGP (iBGP) Configuration Example

router bgp 64555
 bgp router-id 10.30.197.57
 neighbor 172.25.119.175 remote-as 64555
 neighbor 172.25.119.175 update-source 10.30.197.57
 neighbor 172.25.119.175 next-hop-self

where:

• 64555 is the neighbor router's local and remote AS number.

• 10.30.197.57 is the neighbor router's IP address.

• 172.25.119.175 is your system's Enterprise virtual IP address.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-3/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_2_3/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_2_3_chapter_0111.html#concept_mm5_jnw_3jb 

Did you get this resolved? I'm running into the same issue.