Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC RMA C9300 EIGRP failure

p11l
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

we are using DNAC gen1 v 2.3.5.4 - 70852 (latest version 10/2023)

I'm trying in our lab some szenarios and hang at the RMA Process where the connectivity after old config restored on new device is checked.

Output of Console simpilar to it: cisco dual-6-nbrinfo neighbor is blocked not on common subnet

%DUAL-6-NBRINFO: EIGRP-IPv4 10: Neighbor 192.168.10.37 (GigabitEthernet1/0/2) is blocked: not on common subnet (192.168.10.46/31)

In manual for RMA i read about the neighbor device starts a dhcp session and in rma process after device reload it can get another adress from dhcp.

Its because the device dos not have a static address?

I added a loopback 10 interface on every switch with a unique address and changed it on management address. Device is still reachable.

Does the rma change the address from lan-automation pool (its on subnet 192.168.10.0/25) to the newly set loopback 172.16.103.x?

I tought the rma process starts a dhcp server on local (switch)device so that the newly plugged in device gets an ip address from lan-auto pool such like the other newly added devices on lan-automation way. Iam wrong?

What can be the fault? Why i get a eigrp error?

Tanks a lot!

2 Replies 2

p11l
Level 1
Level 1

additional information:

after i changed the faulty device to rma workflow, i can see that the neighbor device still has its fabric interface config:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
description Fabric Physical Link
no switchport
dampening
ip address 192.168.10.36 255.255.255.254
no ip redirects
ip router isis
load-interval 30
bfd interval 250 min_rx 250 multiplier 3
clns mtu 1400
isis network point-to-point
end

i thought that the interface must go into switched access mode to onboard the new plugged device with the pnp process?

p11l
Level 1
Level 1

solved:

two faults...

1st: device isnt in fabric mode (without any role)

2nd:

you don't have to change the management ip in your inventory view like me to 172.16.103.x with a additional loopback interface.

Leave it there way at lan auto pool and add a loopback ip. With that additional ip i can ssh my devices if dnac isnt reachable and i have my own view of inventory view at a seperate terminal manager.