cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC swim for stack switches

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

I bumped into problem, DNAC (Version 2.3.3.6-70045) doesn't want to update my stacks from 17.03.04 to 17.06.05 (To be honest dnac has a lot of bugs)

Unpack Images
Task Status
Failure (NCSW10523: Distribution of image: cat9k_iosxe.17.06.05.SPA.bin on device: 192.168.100.193 with protocol: HTTPS completed successfully Failed to perform install add on the device 192.168.100.193 'install add' command failed for image: cat9k_iosxe.17.06.05.SPA.bin, residue cleaned using 'install remove inactive', re-sync and re-trigger the job, reason for failure : Error occured while executing the command 'install add file flash:cat9k_iosxe.17.06.05.SPA.bin'.Command Output : FAILED: install_add : Super package already added. Add operation not allowed. 'install remove inactive' can be used to discard added packages)

update for standalone is normal
5 Replies 5

dijix1990
VIP
VIP

I noticed that I get problem with update when I try to update more than 1 stack, before it I ran to update for three stack 9300L and got error, after I tried to update only 1 stack and it worked

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@dijix1990 wrote:
FAILED: install_add : Super package already added. 

Remote into the stack that had problems and post the following output: 

1. dir flash-X:
  2. sh boot

NOTE:  Where "X" is each of the switches in the stack -- I want to see the contents of the flash of each individual stack members.

It always happens when I update some stacks the same time, I think it's bug

@dijix1990 wrote:
It always happens when I update some stacks the same time, I think it's bug

No, the error message I highlighted means the PKG files are already present.  
This is why I want to see the contents of the flash.
IF the PKG files are already present, then the question is "why didn't DNAC reboot the switch/stack?"

There wasn't. I checked. If I'm putting new software to one stack of switches I don't have the error (it's the same stack with the error before), but, after upgrading to Version 2.3.3.7 I don't have that errors