cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC Upgrade Bug (Backup NFS server mount failed)

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sharing a recent experience we encountered while upgrading our DNAC cluster. Our upgrade was from 1.3.1.3 directly to 1.3.3.4. The error we were seeing in the maintenance UI was specifically:
Phase:
Node x.x.x.x - Backup NFS server mount failed

The CLI error was:
State : FAILED
Sub-State : INSTALLED_HOST_COMPONENTS

Our issue was that at 34% the upgrade continued to fail. We attempted to remove all configured and scheduled backup jobs, but that did not do the trick. Per TAC during the upgrade process it performs some disk checks before updating the cluster. So during the disk checks it may encounter the error mentioned above. Note that it is not actually trying to mount NFS. It is actually failing because of other dead mount points and utilizing NFS as the scapegoat.

While checking the disk free output, the command (sudo df -h), or (sudo df -h | grep -i trans) will return output that will contain: "Transport endpoint is not connected".

Applying the workaround noted in the bug link ($for i in $(sudo df -h 2>&1 | grep "Transport endpoint is not connected" | awk -F: ' { print $2 } '); do sudo umount $i; done) will unmount all dead mounts that relate to the error. After applying the workaround our upgrade was able to be successfully completed.

Bug link: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt95075/?rfs=iqvred

HTH!

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

How endearing ... :-(

Any idea if this is fixed in any patch?

@Arne Bier 

Per TAC this AM:

"In the bug they said that it will be fixed in JIRADNAC1.3.3.4, which is somewhat different than a normal 1.3.3.4. But the developers are still working on it, they might include in other major releases as well."

HTH!

Hello All,

I want to take backup of DNAC assurance. When I have configure NFS settings on DNAC it gave me below error..

Remote directory issue: Error running showmount on remote server: '['showmount', '--no-headers', '--exports', '10.46.0.148']'. Output: 'clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - Unable to receive: errno 0 (Success)

Would you encountered this error ?

I could able to take backup but without assurance options.

is there anything to be enabled on DNAC box ?

Server Requirements for Assurance Backup
To support Assurance data backups, the server must meet the following requirements:
Support NFS v4 and NFS v3 (To verify this support, from the server, enter nfsstat -s)
Have read and write permissions on the NFS export directory
Have a stable network connection between Cisco DNA Center and the NFS server
Have sufficient network speed between Cisco DNA Center and the NFS server

See here for greater detail: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3-3-0/admin-guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_1_3_3_0/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_1_3_2_0_chapter_0110.html