Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC VMware install question

atsukane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We've got a DNAC for VMware OVA file and in the process of spinning up a VM and have a few questions.

I have no previous experience with DNAC nor Prime Infrastructure so apologies in advance if this is somewhat obvious.

The OVA comes with 2 NICs, 1 for management and the other for Enterprise.

I'll put the management interface on the management vlan along with other network kit, but I'd like to know how other people are managing the enterprise NIC. Can I just put it on the same vlan as other Windows servers or is it recommended to place it on a dedicated vlan?

We are not a big firm and will be managing approx 30 Cat9300, 10 x ISR4k, 4 x Nexus 9k and 2 x WLC5528 in SSO. 

I'd have assumed that it's not constantly talking to managed devices so it won't get that busy?

Please advise.

Many thanks,

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>> Can I just put it on the same vlan as other Windows servers  <<<
yes you can, this won't be any problem.

but be aware the DNAC uses the enterprice address to connect to network devices (instead of windows servers)
if You are using ACL's/firewalls, you need to open ports used between network devices and windows server vlan
so in some cases it may be more straightforward to use the network management vlan instead

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So this all in one Server installation that should be ok to work on

i also suggest to look installation guide  (since DNAC planning is very important rather you re-image if anything not planned well)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/dna-center-va/esxi/2-3-7/deployment-guide/b_cisco_dna_center_2370_on_esxi_deployment_guide.html#reserve-enterprise-interface

Can I just put it on the same vlan as other Windows servers or is it recommended to place it on a dedicated vlan?

personally i would suggest to have different VLAN so you can it was meant for Enterprise Network.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help