cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed automated provisioning 9300 NCOB04038: Failed to transfer image on to device.

Dale Shaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem to this and is able to offer any advice.

I have attempted to automate the deployment of a catalyst 9300 switch using DNA Center.  The automation starts successfully and the device is claimed and appears in the PnP tab as planned, then after about 20 minutes it errors with the message NCOB04038: Failed to transfer image on to device.  We have a gold image for the 9300 in the repository which is different to the image on the switch, so it should try to download it and restart but this does not happen.

I have been able to provision devices previously using the same method as recently as last week.  I can also provision the same switch successfully when it already has the gold image running.

We have a 3 node cluster for DNA Center, this was relocated to another DC before this started to happen.  All nodes are up and healthy with all services up and distributed across the cluster.  The Cluster is connected to Cisco ACI so no change in the network, just a different physical location.  Connectivity from the seed device to DNA Center vIP is <1ms and the seed to new switch is locally connected using 1 metre patch lead. 

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Dale Shaw

0 Replies 0