Views
Helpful
Replies

Homelab SDA

leanhquy10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I want to ask, switch edge (3650 or 3850) must license dna advantage or dna essentials.

Device must have a license to be able to lab?
or for the lab no license is required, only a 3650 or 3850 switch can work

9 Replies 9

Hi

If you want onboard them on the DNAC and build fabric yes, you need license and the right IOS version.

example I have switch 3650 with license ipbase permanent but without license dna ess or dna advan --> cannot onboard

leanhquy10_0-1684495962182.png

Yes. That´s correct. ipbase license is for tradditional networks and would allow you to do routing and QoS. But for DNAC is not enough.  You can check all the compatiblity here on this link

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/enterprise/dnac_compatibility_matrix/index.html

FlavioMiranda_0-1684497216993.png

1 switch other have license ipservices permanent

leanhquy10_0-1684570382818.png

leanhquy10_1-1684570457932.png

I see can type license boot dna-advantage. Let me know with this case after boot license can run with dna center right?

Thank you

you can use trail one until that get expire, but compliance you need to get proper License.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

So I just any switch 3650 or 3850 don't worry about the license of the device, I can assign and onboard the device to lab 

I  want to ask to make sure, Are you sure?

Did you actually do it with the device without dna lic to do the lab?

The license may not prevent you to add the device to the DNAC. as the requirement is basically SNMP and netconf. Both protocol does not rely on licensing. 

But, the problem might be after the device onboard. I believe DNAC will check licensing by joining the switch to a fabric. And I am not saying this has to be a permanent license , it can be an evaluation license but the might have the licensing on it. 

On the print I share said  Essential Yes and Advanced Y but usually Adanced overlap the Essencial.

You should give it a try. Sounds promissor.