Views
Helpful
Replies

how to get complaince between Startup vs Running Configuration in DNA

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all

i have not compliance status in Compliance Summary in DNA between Startup vs Running Configuration in DNA.

how can i solve it ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- There are a  number of possible reasons why you might not see a compliance status in the Compliance Summary between the startup and running configuration in Cisco DNA.
                                       Here are a few things to check:

Make sure that the device is enrolled in Cisco DNA Center and that the latest configuration has been pushed to the device. You can check this by going to the Devices page in Cisco DNA Center and verifying that the device is in the Managed state.

Make sure that the compliance check for startup vs. running configuration is enabled. You can do this by going to the Compliance page in Cisco DNA Center and selecting the Startup vs. Running Configuration check box.

Make sure that the device has been rebooted since the configuration change. The compliance check for startup vs. running configuration only runs after a device reboot.

If you have recently made a configuration change to the device, it may take some time for the compliance check to run. The compliance check is run automatically every 5 minutes, but it may take longer for the first run to complete.

If you have checked all of these things and you are still not seeing a compliance status, you can manually run the compliance check for startup vs. running configuration. To do this, go to the Device Details page for the device and click the Compliance tab. Then, click the Run Compliance button.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind

The compliance check for startup vs. running configuration is only available for devices that support the Cisco DNA Center CLI Template feature.

The compliance check for startup vs. running configuration does not check for all configuration changes. It only checks for changes to the attributes that are defined in the Cisco DNA Center CLI Template.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its all depends on the config and template you using ?

is the Configuration Pushed from DNAC all the changes, or DNAC just pulling the config from the device.

If configuration changed  at device side cli, then you need to issue write command - so run vs startup same and DNAC re-sync the configuration.

You need to make standard Configuration changes - either from DNAC template or CLI.

some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-2/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_2_2/m-compliance-audit-for-network-devices.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- There are a  number of possible reasons why you might not see a compliance status in the Compliance Summary between the startup and running configuration in Cisco DNA.
                                       Here are a few things to check:

Make sure that the device is enrolled in Cisco DNA Center and that the latest configuration has been pushed to the device. You can check this by going to the Devices page in Cisco DNA Center and verifying that the device is in the Managed state.

Make sure that the compliance check for startup vs. running configuration is enabled. You can do this by going to the Compliance page in Cisco DNA Center and selecting the Startup vs. Running Configuration check box.

Make sure that the device has been rebooted since the configuration change. The compliance check for startup vs. running configuration only runs after a device reboot.

If you have recently made a configuration change to the device, it may take some time for the compliance check to run. The compliance check is run automatically every 5 minutes, but it may take longer for the first run to complete.

If you have checked all of these things and you are still not seeing a compliance status, you can manually run the compliance check for startup vs. running configuration. To do this, go to the Device Details page for the device and click the Compliance tab. Then, click the Run Compliance button.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind

The compliance check for startup vs. running configuration is only available for devices that support the Cisco DNA Center CLI Template feature.

The compliance check for startup vs. running configuration does not check for all configuration changes. It only checks for changes to the attributes that are defined in the Cisco DNA Center CLI Template.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its all depends on the config and template you using ?

is the Configuration Pushed from DNAC all the changes, or DNAC just pulling the config from the device.

If configuration changed  at device side cli, then you need to issue write command - so run vs startup same and DNAC re-sync the configuration.

You need to make standard Configuration changes - either from DNAC template or CLI.

some reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-2-2/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_2_2/m-compliance-audit-for-network-devices.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help