cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ideas on continous monitoring of specific paths using an NMS w/

lovelhosle
Level 1
Level 1

I am basically looking for an easy way to montior specific paths between two network devices, and have the statistics (RTT, latency, drops, etc) to be displayed on a dashboard.

I am trying to do this using switches/routers as the source and destination and then having an NMS (we have DNAC and WhatsUp Gold) for providing realtime statistics on each specific path in a dashboard that is displayed on NOC monitors. I was originally trying to think of a way to gather statisttics via IP SLA configurations on the cisco devices. We are in the beginning stages of the DNA deployment, I believe there are more efficient path analysis methods built in but I am not sure if these run continus and are able to be display within a realtime dashboard or not.

I am sure there are some newer more efficient methods of achieving this.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

with the DNAC you can use path trace for sure, not sure that can be act as dashboard 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90uVGTMbto&t=1s

Other option if you have thousand eyes you can do  ( cat 9K can hold the app hosting).

https://docs.thousandeyes.com/product-documentation/internet-and-wan-monitoring/viewing-data/getting-started-with-path-visualization

Other option what i do is, use script to reach the target device. and input output to Grafana for graphs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @lovelhosle 

For efficient path analysis and real-time monitoring, consider the following approaches leveraging Cisco DNA Center and other tools:

DNAC offers Assurance, a feature that provides real-time monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities. It uses telemetry data and analytics to offer insights into network health, performance, and anomalies. Utilize DNAC Assurance to monitor specific paths, view RTT, latency, drops, and other statistics directly from the DNAC dashboard.

Also, continue using IP SLa on Cisco devices to gather performance statistics. Integrate SNMP with IP SLA to retrieve data and use WUG to create dashboards based on SNMP data. This can provide real-time visibility into the performance of specific paths.

DNAC and WUG allow yu to create custom dashboards. Design dashboards that specifically display the path statistics you're interested in.

Finally, consider to use flow data analysis tools (NetFlow, sFlow) to gain insights into traffic patterns, volume, and latency. Some NMS solutions support flow data analysis and can provide visualizations on specific paths.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.