cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is it important to get mange for all devices in DNA inventory status?

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

i have many devices in DNA inventory status shown in compliance not manage, they are have different reasons like not match for running config or start up config too, or need to upgrade to newer version, or Critical Security Advisories

my question is it is important to all devices to be manage in compliance for Critical Security Advisories?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...my question is it is important to all devices to be manage in compliance for Critical Security Advisories?
  - There is probably no unique answer to that question , it for instance depends on business needs ; a bank manager may for instance answer yes to that question concerning the IT infrastructure being used. Another viewpoint could be to assess the specific advisory w.r.t  apps being used on the network.  Other security advices may not or no longer be 'critical' as first advertised  ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
my question is it is important to all devices to be manage in compliance for Critical Security Advisories?

Not necessary - You can manually review the Security advisory and make decision is this effecting your device and environment.

some CV not effected, then i will ignore that advisory if you are not using the features at all.

Always Cisco advised to Upgrade latest stable version - so you can understand the release notes and upgrade least effected device before you deploy mass deployment all over campus.

then you can set that image as advisory image.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

there is no duplicate posts, i just add 2 different posts about 2 different topic, pls check first

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...my question is it is important to all devices to be manage in compliance for Critical Security Advisories?
  - There is probably no unique answer to that question , it for instance depends on business needs ; a bank manager may for instance answer yes to that question concerning the IT infrastructure being used. Another viewpoint could be to assess the specific advisory w.r.t  apps being used on the network.  Other security advices may not or no longer be 'critical' as first advertised  ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not necessary - You can manually review the Security advisory and make decision is this effecting your device and environment.

some CV not effected, then i will ignore that advisory if you are not using the features at all.

Always Cisco advised to Upgrade latest stable version - so you can understand the release notes and upgrade least effected device before you deploy mass deployment all over campus.

then you can set that image as advisory image.

BB

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks marce and balaji for support,

i have another question, it is important for device to be manage all time ? whatever the reason ?

>... it is important for device to be manage all time ? whatever the reason ?
             - The  question is unclear for me, can you elaborate ?

M.

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

i found many reasons cased none compliant status for example:

miss march between running and startup configuration

i think this case not impact switch, am i right?

check  and compare the config - see is that valid, some users forgot to issue command write, so the config difference always you see, 

write the config and re-sync should be ok

BB

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

really appreciated your reply and help, i will do this step.

but sorry, my point if i did not do this and still there is difference between running and start up config, is there any impact ?

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

followed up your guide, yes it compliant after i clicked

Synch Device config

but after that health check for this device is 1 instead of 7.

health check (fabric health score)

what do you think?

not sure -  can you post the screenshot what you see  ?

BB

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

health score is up now to 7, i uploaded the current score, but it was 1?1.PNG

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card