Views
Helpful
Replies

PnP management IP address

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I wondered if it were possible to get the DNAC LAN automation process to assign a known loopback address to a discovered switch and then subsequently a known address to the managemant interface for out of band management. 

When I have tested pnp I designate an address pool to use in the process.  From this pool DNAC applies addressing to the p2p interfaces and the Loopback 0 interface but I don't seem to have control over the assigned addressing other than it comes from the pool.  In addition I will connect the management port of the switch to my management network.  I could do that manually or push out a template with the IP address.  However, I was wondering if I could import a list of switch names and corresponding addresses to be assigned during PnP?  I really don't care about the p2p addresses but would like to pre-assign known loopback and management interface addresses.

Thanks for any input, Kev.

2 Replies 2

TomM
Level 1
Level 1

LAN Automation hides all the CLI details of the underlay in preparation for SDA.  You give up the flexibility you want with LA.  You can always do what you want through PnP day0 and dayN templates with template language.  And if you are not doing SDA, I would always recommend PnP templates.

Sylvain_Che
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Starting with DNAC 2.3.6.x you will be able to define yourself the IP address picked for the Loopback0 interface.

Sylvain_Che_0-1687848945795.png

Note that 2.3.6.x is not designed to be Generally Available. It is likely you will have to wait 2.3.7.x to use this feature if you want to stick with a GA DNAC version.

Sylvain.