Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning 3750 Switches

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We still have some legacy 3750 switches in our network, and I would like to provision a template to enable IP Device Tracking on all the FastEthernet interfaces.

The problem I'm running into is that the default provisioning process seems to be overwriting the my template config. In a nutshell, my template adds the following config to each FE interface

• ip device tracking maximum 3

However, the default provisioning process then tries to add :-

• ip device tracking maximum 65535

But the maximum tracking parameter on a 3750 is 10 so this fails. From what I can see, the default provisioning process seem to do "no ip device tracking" which means I end up back at square one with device tracking disabled!

Is there a way I can just add the config in my template and prevent the default provisioning/onboarding from happening on the 3750 switches? The lack of device tracking means that DNAC doesn't have any visibility of the non-CDP devices connected to the 3750 switches (ie, they only see IP phones and AP's as connected).

PS. I realise 3750's are limited in terms of DNAC functionality, but I'm trying to make the most of some legacy switches by getting them to 'feed' as much info as possible to DNAC

2 Replies 2

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I'm still struggling to provision templated to 3750's because of this issue and wondered if anyone has found a fix or a workaround?

have you checked the compatibility matrix with DNAC ? what DNAC Version, what IOS code running on 3750?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/Website/enterprise/dnac_compatibility_matrix/index.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help