cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove HTTP(s) write credentials from device with DNA center

Concepts L5
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the DNA Center and incorrectly created a set of HTTP(s) write credentials in Design-Network Settings-> Device Credentials. I then applied these credentials to a site and they got pushed to a 9200L switch and a 9800-40 WLC. The DNA Center will not let me delete these credentials

"NCIM01100: Credential deletion failed. Reason : Credential https creds is associated with Network Settings for site - X. You must either associate a different credential or create a new credential of the same type and associate it with the site, prior to deletion.""

I do not want to use HTTP(S) write  credentials in my environment at all.

Is there a way to unapply these credentials to the site ?

How do I remove the HTTP(S) write credentials ?

and what configuration changes did this make to my devices that I now have to undo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once a credential is assigned to a Site, you cannot remove that credential from the Network Settings. As mentioned in the Error message:

"You must either associate a different credential or create a new credential of the same type and associate it with the site, prior to deletion."

The Credentials are applied to a device thru:
* Discovery of Network Device (the selected credentials are used and configured if needed)
* Applied to Site and then provisioning of the network device(s) that are assigned to site.

If you applied the credentials to a site and then provisioned the network devices in that site, you will need to manually remove or use a template to remove the credentials from devices.

In order to remove assigned credentials from the Cisco DNA Center UI & DB, manual steps are needed to remove from the Cisco DNA Center Database. You will need to Contact the Cisco TAC Support for assistance on this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

The configuration is the same as if you were enable HTTP in a  Cisco switch. Create a user, enable HTTP server and probably configure a source interface. 

To remove, I believe you need to re-discovery the devices but this time dont enable HTTP on the Devices Credential page. Keep only CLI and SNMP. 

@Flavio Miranda , I have the same situation but different problem. I created HTTPS write credentials in DNA Center and assigned it to a Switch in Inventory (edit device https creds assign). After a resync, i cannot see the username and password inside the switch config. I waited one day, still the switch does not show the credentials from DNA center. Coud you suggest in this regard?. Thnks.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once a credential is assigned to a Site, you cannot remove that credential from the Network Settings. As mentioned in the Error message:

"You must either associate a different credential or create a new credential of the same type and associate it with the site, prior to deletion."

The Credentials are applied to a device thru:
* Discovery of Network Device (the selected credentials are used and configured if needed)
* Applied to Site and then provisioning of the network device(s) that are assigned to site.

If you applied the credentials to a site and then provisioned the network devices in that site, you will need to manually remove or use a template to remove the credentials from devices.

In order to remove assigned credentials from the Cisco DNA Center UI & DB, manual steps are needed to remove from the Cisco DNA Center Database. You will need to Contact the Cisco TAC Support for assistance on this.

Hi @Tomas de Leon, you pointed out towards a good point. I have the same situation but different problem. I created HTTPS write credentials in DNA Center and assigned it to a Switch in Inventory (edit device https creds assign). After a resync, i cannot see the username and password inside the switch config. I waited one day, still the switch does not show the credentials from DNA center. Coud you suggest in this regard?. Thnks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card