Views
Helpful
Replies

Rename Fabric AP

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I have my SDA Fabric with an eWLC on one of my Border nodes and have an AP connected and it is Assigned a Site and Provisioned and is showing in the inventory.

The SSIDs are working and everything.

But now I would like to change the name of this AP. How do I change that from the DNAC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @rasmus.elmholt 

As far as I'm aware, you cannot rename access points from within DNA Center; this has to be done manually from the WLC CLI. I'm not sure if this is on the roadmap for a future release of DNAC.

To change the AP name, run the below command on your eWLC/Border node. Once you have changed the name, you will need to resync the Border node from DNAC for the updated AP name to display in the inventory.

ap name <current name> name <new name>

Hope that this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @rasmus.elmholt 

As far as I'm aware, you cannot rename access points from within DNA Center; this has to be done manually from the WLC CLI. I'm not sure if this is on the roadmap for a future release of DNAC.

To change the AP name, run the below command on your eWLC/Border node. Once you have changed the name, you will need to resync the Border node from DNAC for the updated AP name to display in the inventory.

ap name <current name> name <new name>

Hope that this helps

That did the trick. Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card