Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA Fabric Edge Node Port assignment for Access points - API issue

lsakthiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am trying to Add port assignment for the Access points in the Edge device with No authentication template through DNAC GUI it successfully pushed the config from DNAC to the device. But when i try the same process with the API ("/dna/intent/api/v1/business/sda/hostonboarding/access-point") the status is failed with the description of 

"Can not provision authentication profile other than No Authentication on this device" but I have given the No Authentication as the authenticateTemplateName. And also the response says that "device is missing the Client Authentication settings" but the same process when i did through DNAC GUI the process is success ( the configs are pushed to the device from the DNAC ). I am facing this issue only with the API.

Here find the attached snapshot of the API Response:
Edge_device_Port_assignment_failed.PNG

And also I tried Reprovisioning the device but that also didn't help.

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Any reason why you don't automatically configure the port configuration using ISE for the APs as well?

This document has some information on how to use the ApAutzTemplate for this:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/deploy-guide/cisco-dna-center-sd-access-wl-dg.pdf

The reason for me to use API to onboard the Access points is to test the API capability for that feature.

Rajesh Kongath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

authenticateTemplateName field is optional, did you try with a null argument?

for example body with "authenticateTemplateName": "",

Hi,
Looks like authenticateTemplateName field is not an optional one.

cbbe0d94-2e8f-4bcb-8efe-d6bc21ab96d8.PNG

And also I have tried without giving that field.

6c8f68d3-5578-4fd6-b455-7b80757af265.PNG