Views
Helpful
Replies

Some devices are Managed with error NCIM:12007: CLI Credentials

jy15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A single node DNAC with build 2.3.3. When some devices try to resync, it is getting an error "CLI Authentication Failure: NCIM12007: CLI credentials for this device do not match. Please ensure correct credentials are provided in global credentials or in discovery job. You can update the device credentials using update credentials option.".  When this occurs, the user account on the 3rd party AAA server for the device cli authentication shows as locked. Can someone please provide some insight what could be the issue causing the credentials to lock? And how can we resolve this?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy47909

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you marce1000 for your response. Does this defect still apply if we didn't use netconf to add/discover the devices? No provisioning done to the devices since the aaa commands were already configured in the devices in existing network.

Thanks!

- I have no (further) knowledge on that ; you may want to engage TAC  ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '