cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What configuration replicate between DNAC main node and DR node?

jaiwaei36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

May I know what configuration is sync over from DNAC main node to DR node in a 1+1+1 setup? 

I had configured external user authentication using TACACS on the DNAC main site node, however, the configuration is not replicated to DR node. Do I need to configure separately on each node?

5 Replies 5

Hi

It is individually configured.  The configuration they share is about Fabric and user Data but the Boxes are managed individually.

Also, when it comes to you   upgrade the Cluster you will have to do it per box also.

Hi,

But how do I access the DR node when is already in standby mode? It will display a page that prompted me to access the VIP of the main node instead.

In addition, what exact of data are replicated between main node and DR node? 

If you use the VIP address you will always get in the Active Node. But, you can access the standby ones by using their IP address.

I had to upgrade some clusteres a few months ago and it turns out that I triggered the upgrade from the Active node and it was suppose to upgrade all nodes on the cluster. However, the upgrade got stuck in some point and we had to access each node individually.

Just fixing the informatino I gave, actually inside one cluster, the nodes will (should) be upgrade automatically and not individually as I said. Although it never worked properly when I had to do it.

About you question on data syncronization this is what Cisco says:

The supported synchronization types include:

• Database changes, such as updates related to configuration, performance, and monitoring data.

• File changes, such as report configurations, configuration templates, TFTP root directory, administration settings, licensing files, and the key store.

Hi @Flavio Miranda ,

Thanks for the thorough explanation and clarification. For the synchronization, you are referring to active-standby node setup or clusters? 

Hi @Flavio Miranda ,

I had attempted to access the standby node using its enterprise IP unfortunately it displayed a page that requested me to navigate to the active node VIP instead. I can't seem to access the DR node using any of the IP