Views
Helpful
Replies

what is IPAM in DNAc, what is use for?

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

i need to ask what is the benefits for IPAM if i set configuration for it, i have DNS and DHCP server in my environment, so what is the purpose of IPAM?

i check out some guides for it, but still confused for the benefits for DNAc.

and what is IPAM required server component ?

any help ?

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IPAM - IP address Manangement (so DNAC can track the IP information)

if you have other IPAM in Place Like InfoBlox kinda you can integrade with them.

if not you can use build in DNAC IPAM

more information can be find here in the attached document.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Ahmed Tarek,

In environments where you have existing IPAM solutions like InfoBlox, integration with these systems is possible to ensure that DNAC can utilize the IP information and maintain a unified view of the network.

However, if you don't have a separate IPAM solution, you can use the built-in IPAM capabilities within DNAC. This allows you to manage IP addresses, track their usage, and coordinate with DNS and DHCP services directly within the DNA Center platform.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

- FYI : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r5ekxIxMYE

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

In this video DNAC+INFOBLOX = Simplified SDA Design, we look at how to use Infoblox DDI (DHCP, DNS and IP Management) resources inside of your SDA lab environment. Adding an IPAM to the DNAC will immediately present payoffs while labbing out scenarios and increase the flexibility of our ...

In this video DNAC+INFOBLOX = Simplified SDA Design, we look at how to use Infoblox DDI (DHCP, DNS and IP Management) resources inside of your SDA lab environment. Adding an IPAM to the DNAC will immediately present payoffs while labbing out scenarios and increase the flexibility of our ...
7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IPAM - IP address Manangement (so DNAC can track the IP information)

if you have other IPAM in Place Like InfoBlox kinda you can integrade with them.

if not you can use build in DNAC IPAM

more information can be find here in the attached document.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Ahmed Tarek,

In environments where you have existing IPAM solutions like InfoBlox, integration with these systems is possible to ensure that DNAC can utilize the IP information and maintain a unified view of the network.

However, if you don't have a separate IPAM solution, you can use the built-in IPAM capabilities within DNAC. This allows you to manage IP addresses, track their usage, and coordinate with DNS and DHCP services directly within the DNA Center platform.

Best regards

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks a lot @balaji.bandi M02@rt37 for your usual help.

i will check and back to you

You're very welcome @Ahmed Tarek 

Best regards

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi M02@rt37 

i need any documentation for how use InfoBlox itself, to get all features i need to startup with DNAc

i mean all features available in infoblox

- FYI : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r5ekxIxMYE

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '