cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless feature-usage enable undocumented on 9800

jasonm002
Level 1
Level 1

DNAC is pushing "wireless feature-usage enable" to 9800 WLCs now, it's not in the command reference even for 17.11. Seeing this on DNAC 2.3.3.5 and 9800-40 17.9.3.

Not sure what it does. In CLI help it's described as "Dashboard Feature Usage" which isn't helpful. I would guess it's enabling some kind of telemetry to DNAC but I don't know. 

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In config mode you can ask help for it with ? (asking for subsequent options for a command) I get :
         WLC (config)#wireless  feature-usage
            Enable       Enable feature usage detection

Looks like related to DNAC integration , indeed
 M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It's just (apparently) not documented in detail, so I have no idea what it causes to be displayed or not display in DNA Center.

>...so I have no idea what it causes to be displayed or not display in DNA Center.
  - You could for instance remove it from the running config and see how that has an influence on DNA Center.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Best option is open a TAC case and get them to raise a documentation bug to get it documented.  Can take ages once the bug is opened but that seems to be the only way to get this stuff updated.  Of course they should be doing that by default anyway.

Unfortunately this is becoming more and more common - commands get added but not documented at all.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card