cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless RF Profiles Examples for Retail Stores

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

Are there any examples of RF profiles for use or guides for configuring DNAC for access points in retail stores in shopping malls? Store sizes can range from 5000sq feet with two access points to stores over 20,000 sq. ft with 4 access points.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Basic start from site survey - how many AP need in the area to cover.

RF profiles based on the requirement 

is this all BYOD users  ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Cisco prime planning mode was used in the past to determine the number and placement of access points based on type of access point being used and square footage of coverage area. 

Devices being used are barcode scanners and zebra wireless printers. Biggest challenge in retail environments are the excessive channel interference and noise from neighbors that you can't control and each store is it's own unique challenges. I've debated about creating RF profiles based upon store size(square footage). In the small stores, 5000sq ft there is only two access points; 3702i and internal AP on Cisco ISR 1100 router so I'm limited to not being able to use RRM and clean air as the internal APs do not support clean air and you need a minimum of three access points to benefit from RRM.

What would be nice is to get enough data from DNAC to best determination the analytics from RF, client events, etc to aid in configuring the best wireless environments.