Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc on cat9300 to dnac

Ciro G Mele
Level 1
Level 1

Buenas tardes,

Los molesto por lo siguiente, en los sw cat9300 vienen embebido el wlc, cargamos la versión correcta del ios del sw, pero luego de descubrirlo por medio del dnac, procedemos a la carga del soft del wlc...

El tema es que tarda demasiado y retrasa el proyecto, mi consulta es...

Sera posible de cargar ambas cosas en el sw antes de que lo descubra el dnac y se de cuenta que ya tiene la imagen para convertirlo  en wlc y así que la actualización se realice en menos tiempo , o no es posible.

Mil gracias de antemano.

Seria de gran ayuda si alguien ya probo algo así.

Saludos.

Ciro Gustavo Mele

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

when distributing software using DNA you can split this in two steps
- actual distribution
- activation

if you did not distribute the software using DNA but transferred the image manually
DNA wil detect the image is al ready present on the device after the device has synchronized in the inventory
(inventory also inventories files on flash) if you start a software distribution now,
DNA will report the image al ready present, skip the distribution step and proceed with the next phase (activation)

I have not actually done this, but I expect this will also occur for distribution of the WLC image
so my answer will be YES , if you preload the WLC image, DNA will detect this and skip the distribution step

by the way,
- DNA performs multiple pre-upgrade and post-upgrade checks
   these also take a long time in this process, -> you can decide NOT to perform this checks
- check the chosen file-transfer protocol (allowed by firewalls/ACL's in your network
   https is the preferred (and fastest),    scp is slower 

Hi pieterh,

Thanks a lot my friend !

Best regards.

Ciro Gustavo Mele.