cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Analyzer fails to connect via SSH, after update to version 3.3.0

EDS-rz1vpx
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CLI to connect to Cisco devices (about 200 ). These are switches, routers, firewalls. After automatically update to version 3.3.0 I'm can't connect with SSH.  

On the CLI I have information " Session Disconnected"

On the cisco devices in logs I have following message

Apr 19 08:07:37.329: %SSH-4-SSH2_UNEXPECTED_MSG: Unexpected message type has arrived. Terminating the connection
Apr 19 08:07:37.438: SSH2 1: no matching cipher found: client aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm,aes256-g

Any advice for solving this problem?

Thanks in advance

Manfred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I confirm that ver 3.3.1 fixed the ssh issue.

Thank you

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

psmidcnss
Level 1
Level 1

The same for me, I hope I'll be able to roll back to 3.2.1 !

I confirm that ver 3.3.1 fixed the ssh issue.

Thank you

yogeshbonde
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also observing the same issue.

everything's working fine in the previous version, issue observed only after upgrading to 3.3.0.

jeff6strings
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem for me, as well as SSH error messages on devices. I rolled back to 3.2.1.

kevwilso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

The above issue in 3.3.0 is currently being looked at.  Two questions for each of you.

1. What is the device type and version of your device that you are encountering issues.  

2. On those devices if you know, is a CBC type cipher the only one being offered?

Thanks for your patience,

Kevin W.

Kevin:

Here are the only two devices I tried and I don't know about CBC, do you know how I can check?

WS-C2960X-48TS-L Stack

Version 15.2(2)E6

SSH v2

WS-C3750X-24T-S Stack

Version 15.0(2)SE9

SSH v2

Not applicable

Hi,

Running: Cisco IOS Software, C2960S Software (C2960S-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(2)SE10a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Trying to use CLI Analyzer v3.3.2 and failing to connect every time - 2960 logs state:

Jun 2 09:26:46.153: %SSH-4-SSH2_UNEXPECTED_MSG: Unexpected message type has arrived. Terminating the connection from 172.zzz.yyy.xxx

PuTTY connects successfully every time.

XXX-EDG-001# sh ssh
Connection Version Mode Encryption    Hmac           State                    Username
0                   2.0         IN       aes256-cbc   hmac-sha1  Session started  someuser
0                   2.0         OUT   aes256-cbc   hmac-sha1  Session started  someuser
%No SSHv1 server connections running.
XXX-EDG-001#

Can't see why CLI Analyzer is not connecting to any of our switches - it used to...

John Bollier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Manfred,

We just pushed the update that should address this. Please upgrade to version 3.3.1 and let me know if this addresses the above issue. You may download direct at https://cway.cisco.com/go/sa/ or you can upgrade from the CLI Analyzer. Please re-launch the app and it should notify you that an upgrade is available.

Regards,

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: