Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help in installing new license on a Cisco CSR EC2 instance

julietv9
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an Cisco CSR 1000V BYOL ec2 instance running inside a VPC.

I have also purchased a license from the Cisco portal for that host and have the ".lic" file downloaded on my laptop.

On going through the steps to activate the host with the license here, I'm stuck at step 4 which says:

license install stored-location-url
Example:

license install bootflash:90NVHJ3C26E_20140724194119019.lic

Installs the evaluation license obtained in the previous steps.

• Accept the End-User License Agreement when prompted.

I don't understand how to transfer the .lic file from my local storage to the hard disk on the ec2 instance where I'm running the cisco configuration.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jessedavis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello julietv9,

Having run CSR in AWS for over 3 years now, I've had to work through this process several times :)

In short, you'll need to access your AWS CSR instance either directly over the internet, or over the internet using a tunnel transport. The particulars of both methods are well documented and I'm happy to assist if you run into trouble. Don't forget to modify the AWS security group attached to your CSR instance to allow the method of communication you choose.

You have it correct - you do need to physically move the license file from your local hard drive to the flash system on the AWS CSR instance.

Hope this helps,

Jesse

Jesse

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jessedavis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello julietv9,

Having run CSR in AWS for over 3 years now, I've had to work through this process several times :)

In short, you'll need to access your AWS CSR instance either directly over the internet, or over the internet using a tunnel transport. The particulars of both methods are well documented and I'm happy to assist if you run into trouble. Don't forget to modify the AWS security group attached to your CSR instance to allow the method of communication you choose.

You have it correct - you do need to physically move the license file from your local hard drive to the flash system on the AWS CSR instance.

Hope this helps,

Jesse

Jesse

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: