Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following System Center Operations Manager Management Packs are available for download from Cisco:

Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center 2012, Operations Manager (version 4.1.2)

Software Downloads:

(Above link requires cisco.com login)

Documentation links:

Video documentation links:

Details related to previous versions of Cisco UCS Manager and IMC Management Packs are as follows:

Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack v3.1.2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager:

Cisco IMC Management Pack v1.2(1) for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features to ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-scom@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

Comments
wade
Level 1
Level 1

Yes - I am now getting alerts relative to FC port failures.  Still no alerts for the SP failures.

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you give more details like the fault code, severity for the UCS Manager faults, that are not shown as alerts in SCOM?

Thanks,

Ravikumar

wade
Level 1
Level 1

There are two faults that were not reporting quickly. I made the changes and waited over an hour. I refreshed the Service Profile State View – but to no avail. The faults were not populating in SCOM. This happened today on two separate occasions. I came back several hours later, and they had populated. I corrected the issues, and the correction populated fairly quickly – less than a minute. I have gone back and forth now, and they are populating just fine.

Severity Major

Code F0327

ID 123077

Description Service Profile config failed due to compute-unavailable, insufficient-resources

Severity Major

Code F0327

ID 123173

Service Profile config failed due to insufficient-resources, mac-address-assignment

What would cause a delay in the information being populated in SCOM?

Wade Philley, CCNA, CEH, CISSP, CSSA, CCSI

wade@vmtrain.com<mailto:wade@vmtrain.com>

850 544-4230

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wade,

In a normal functioning condition of the Management Pack, fault on Cisco UCS Manager should show up in Operations Manager Console in less than a minute. Any occasional delay could be due to Operation Manager taking some time in processing the fault monitor on which fault has been raised.

In case you frequently see this behavior, please report back to us. We would have to debug through to find the root cause for such behavior.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

wade
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I will let you know if it happens again.

Wade Philley, CCNA, CEH, CISSP, CSSA, CCSI

wade@vmtrain.com<mailto:wade@vmtrain.com>

850 544-4230

lmalthouse
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to install v3.1.1 to two different non-production SCOM 2012 R2 management groups and are getting errors just trying to run the installation wizard. In one environment, we get the prompt stating that it must be run as an administrator, but the account is a local administrator. Are there particular permissions that we need to know about in order to track down and rectify? In our second environment, it appears like it will load and the generates an error "the server is not operational". The name listed is nothing more than our forest domain name (i.e. not a server name). Is there any default logging enabled for this MSI? If I run the install via command line, the wizard merely flashes up and shows that it installed successfully, but nothing has actually installed. We are at a loss for this and need to get the management pack updated and tuned very soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Larry,

We would like you to answer few queries:

1) Are you trying to running the installer on the Management Server/Gateway Server/Agent Managed Computer?

2) If Gateway Server/Agent Managed Computer, did you run the installer on any of the Management Server before to import the Management Pack?

3) Have you made sure to run the installer with a Domain Administrator Account or Domain User Account with Local Administrative privilege?

Please find below the procedure to generate MSI log, run the installer file from cmd prompt as follows:

msiexec -i "<installer_path\installer file name>" -l*v <logfilename>

Example: msiexec -i "Cisco.Ucsm.MP.2012.v3.1.1-x64.msi" -l*v install.log

Please reply back with the errors you see in the installer log file..

Thanks a lot for contacting us.

-Amit Kumar

wilnesreina1
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to test the UCS Connection when configuring the management pack we are getting the following error:

"Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, Position 1."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

lmalthouse
Level 1
Level 1

These problems occurred when trying to run the installer on any Management Server in two different managment groups. The account I was using was a local administrator, granted from being the member of a nested security group that was part of the Administrators group. That is what appears to have been the problem. The install log showed that it would try to check the group membership, but apparently was not able to do so (no error - just no confirmation either). When I added my account directly to the local Administrators group on the management server, the installer worked as expected.

Thanks for the follow up. The installation is now working correctly.

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wilnes,

Please help us understand the Cisco UCS Manager version you are trying "Test UCSM Connection" with?

For the supported list of Cisco UCS Manager, please refer to "Supported Cisco Unified Computing System Manager (UCSM) Releases" section in the Release Notes.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

lmalthouse
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco UCS MP 3.1.1.0 was just installed and devices were successfully added. Discovery has occurred and alerts have generated as expected. Similar to Jeremy Kelley's post back in June, I am not seeing anything in the left pane when launching the Agent Configuration tool. There is nothing listed on the left - completely blank. "Fault Filter" is the only tab present (is that a change with the latest version?). I have opened the configuration tool with both my own local admin account as well as with the account used for the UCS monitoring - neither of which shows any data. If this is a permissions issue, what permissions, exactly, are required? As I mentioned, local administrator accounts were used. Effective permissions show that both account have full control on the Windows\Temp folder. Is there something else that could be missing that I should be checking? I am trying to set up the UCS acknowledgement subscription, but I beleive that also relies on being able to filter acknowledged events, correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Larry

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Larry,

Cisco UCSM Management Pack v3.0 on wards, all configuration (Severity Mapping, Severity Re-mapping and fault filtering) has to be done from Operation Manager console. v3.1.1 Management Pack also support cmdlets for easy customization of the Pack from power shell (refer to the documentation).

Please let us know if you have further questionsabout using Operations Console/cmdlets to configure monitor & discoveries.

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

phillip-slusar
Community Member

Tried upgrading from 3.0.2 as well as a fresh install, but I'm experiencing issues with the Cisco UCS Management Service failing to start.

Event log is showing:

Service cannot be started. System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderConfiguration.Read8_Configuration()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)

at Cisco.UCS.AgentSdk.UcsAgentConfig.ParseConfig()

at Cisco.UCS.AgentSdk.UcsAgentConfig..ctor()

at Cisco.UCS.AgentSdk.UcsAgentConfig.get_Instance()

at Cisco.UCS.ScomUcsAgentService.ScomUcsAgentService.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceB...

Any ideas?

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phillip,

Please let us know the following info..

1) Which version of Management Pack, you are upgrading to?

2) What is your current version of Management Pack?

3) Do you have UCS Domains being monitored from your current version of Management Pack?

4) What are the steps followed to upgrade your Management Pack?

5) You mentioned that fresh install was also tried, brief the steps taken for fresh install?

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

phillip-slusar
Community Member

Thanks for you reply Amit,

1) Upgrading to 3.1.1

2) Upgrading from 3.0.2

3) Yes/No, the UCS MP was monitoring, then we ran into an issue where the service wouldn't start which is when I looked into upgrading.

4) Tried running the 3.1.1 .msi file to upgrade but it fails when trying to start the service with the error in event viewer alert in my initial post.

5) removed custom MP from SCOM, uninstalled the MP from the management server as per the guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links