Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are pleased to announce the release of Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite version 2.4.1.

Cisco UCS PowerTool suite is a set of PowerShell modules for Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC and Cisco UCS Central that helps in configuration and management of Cisco UCS domains and solutions.

Key Features in Release 2.4.1

• Support for new features in Cisco IMC Release 3.1(3a)
  • Support for new features in Cisco UCSM Release 3.2(3)
  • Updated cmdletSet-ImcHuuFirmwareUpdaterwith new parameters.
  • Updated catalog rules for M5 Servers.

Key Features in Release 2.3.1

• Support for new features in Cisco IMC Release 3.1(1d)
  • Support for new features in Cisco UCS Central Release 2.0(1b)
  • Support for new features in Cisco UCSM Release 3.2(1d)
  • Updated cmdletAdd-UcsCentralServiceProfileFromTemplateto create Service profile with service profile template
  • Added cmdletGet-UcsCentralPolicyUsageto provide support to fetch policy details for any managed object.

Key Features in Release 2.2.1

• Support for new features in Cisco IMC Release 3.0(1c) and 3.0(2b)
  • Support to launch the UCS Manager HTML GUI automatic login
  • Support to specify the JSON file as input for uploading the hardware profile to HCL Tool
  • Support to collect advisories for the hardware profile in HCL Tool cmdlet
  • Security enhancement to HCL Tool cmdlets

Your scripts written using PowerTool 1.x will break due to module name changes.

The following table lists the module name changes in this release:

Previous Module Name

New Module Name

CiscoUcsCentralPS

Cisco.UCSCentral

CiscoImcPS

Cisco.IMC

CiscoUcsPS

Cisco.UCSManager

Installer download (from cisco.com):

Module download (from Powershell Gallery):

• Cisco.UCSManager

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/Cisco.UCSManager/2.4.1.3

• Cisco.IMC

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/Cisco.IMC/2.4.1.3

• Cisco.UCSCentral

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/Cisco.UCSCentral/2.4.1.3

• Cisco.UCS.DesiredStateConfiguration

https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/Cisco.UCS.DesiredStateConfiguration/2.4.1.3

Documentation:

Reference: Cisco UCS PowerTool Command Reference for Cisco UCS Manager

External customers - For any queries/feedback on PowerTool, contact Cisco TAC or ucs-powertool@cisco.com or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities

We are also on Slack - slack requires registration, but the cisco-ucs-powertool channel on powershell team is open invitation to anyone to register here. Once you join the powershell slack team you can join cisco-ucs-powertool channel here

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-powertool@cisco.com for support questions and ask-ucs-tme@cisco.com or ask-ucs-pm@cisco.com for roadmap questions and feedback.

Comments
andrewjpalmer
Level 1
Level 1

Great job with supporting the gallery now.

I have an issue where I am trying to get the faults for a blade.  If I use

Get-UcsFault

it shows multiple faults.  If I use

Get-UcsBlade | Get-UcsFault

it returns nothing?

joehoughes
Level 1
Level 1

andrewjpalmer, the Get-UcsFault cmdlet can only accept a single managed object for input.  You can see this in the help documentation:

Get-UcsFault -ManagedObject <ManagedObject>

If you get a specific blade instance and then pipe it to Get-UcsFault, you'll then get results.

Example:

Get-UcsBlade -Chassis 1 -SlotId 1 | Get-UcsFault

brrood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Andrew,

In addition to what Joseph said, you could stick it into a PowerShell loop like the following:

(DISCLAIMER: I didn't test this exact cmd but have done this loop with UCS POwerTool many times before)

foreach ($chassis in 01..20) {foreach ($blade in 01..08) {Get-UcsBlade -Chassis $chassis -SlotId $blade | Get-UcsFault }  }

***change 20 chassis and 8 blades to be the correct number based on your environment. ***

I'm not sure short hand nested looping would work, but if it did it would be something like this:

1..20 | %{ $chassis = $_; 1..8 | %{ Get-UcsBlade -Chassis $chassis -SlotId $_ | Get-UcsFault }  }

Best wishes.

andrewjpalmer
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to figure out the issue.  The fault is actually for the service profile rather than the blade so Get-UcsServiceProfile | Get-UcsFault now works.

morizvi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I want  to know if UCS PowerTool suite is licensed product and he needs separate license for UCS PowerTool.

I would also like  to confirm if Cisco UCS PowerTool suite will be part of  intersight or separate tool.

Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco UCS PowerTool does not require a separate license. 

morizvi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for your response.

I just want to confirm id cisco ucs power tool will be part of intersight or it will be a separate tool.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links