Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are pleased to announce the availability of Cisco UCS Integration Pack Suite 1.1.1 release.

Cisco UCS Integration Pack Suite is a unified installer which includes Cisco UCS Manager Integration Pack, and Cisco IMC Integration Pack. It installs the integration packs as plugins on Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. It helps to simplify the server management tasks, such as hardware provisioning, operating system deployment processes on the Cisco UCS B, C, and E series servers.

Key Features in Release 1.1.1

• Unified Installer—Supports to install UCS Manager and Cisco IMC integration packs through unified installer
  • Driver Management—Single driver management wizard to download drivers. You can create driver packages for both UCS Manager and Cisco IMC server which are required for OS deployment from the Configuration Manager console.
  • Power Policies Configuration—Support to configure Power Restore Policy, Power Cap Configuration, and related Power Profiles (standard and advanced) on the Cisco IMC
  • New BIOS attributes from Cisco IMC Release 2.0(4)
  • Download firmware bundles from Cisco.com using UCS Manager Integration Pack

Downloads:

Documentation:

External customers - For any queries/feedback on Integration Packs for System Center Configuration Manager, contact Cisco TAC or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com for support  and ask-ucs-tme@cisco.com or ask-ucs-pm@cisco.com for roadmap questions and feedback.

Comments
paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

I have not been able to import a UCS Domain. I get the following error message:

There was no endpoint listening at http://servername.dns.local:8888/UCSMConfigMgrServiceHost/wsHttpEndPoint that could accept the messages. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.
Error Code: 1050

The SCCM appears functioning other than warnings about disk space being low for some of the storage devices on the VM and low available storage in the SQL DB. No Critical messages nor any other sign of dysfunction.

Please advise?

Paul

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Paul,

We are sorry that you are having an issue in Importing the UCS Domain. Can you please provide some more details about the issue which will help us to debug the issue.

1. What version of SCCM are you using? Is it a Primary Site or Admin Console setup?

2. Can you please check if the UCSMConfigMgrService is running on the SCCM Primary Site by going in to Windows Services?

Thanks,

Sumanth

paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick response. Answers to your questions:

1. It is a Primary Site.

2. The UCS Plug-in was installed but I do not see any UCSMConfigMgrService in the Services list.

a. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled. I do have the option to import but I see no services item for UCSM?

Paul

colin.lynch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Does the Cisco UCS Integration Pack for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager support SCCM 2013?

Thanx in Advance

Colin

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Colin,

There is no SCCM 2013 version released by Microsoft. Cisco UCS Integration Pack supports SCCM 2012, 2012 with SP1 and 2012 R2 versions.

Thanks!

Sumanth BR

colin.lynch
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the prompt reply, odd I have a client claiming to be using it, think it must me a typo on their part.

Colin

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the details. If you are able to install the pack successfully it should be creating the service.

Can you provide some more details.

1. What about the user privileges for the account you are using to Install the pack? You need to install the pack as Administrator.

2. What is the OS and the version of SCCM you are using?

3. If possible can you send us the Installation log file that will be located in the %temp% folder.

Thanks!

Sumanth BR

paul.mancuso
Level 1
Level 1

Answers:

1. User is a Domain Admin

2. Server 2012 R2 and SCCM 2012 R2

3. Can you further identify the name of this file?

I am now seeing all kinds of SCCM error messages for Site_Something_Components. This SCCM seems fraught with the same problems from their original SMS product that was fairly useless. I am the author of the content that Cisco uses for the Microsoft Test Drives and I have spent quite a bit of time just trying to get these System Center components to work.

The UCS components are now exhibiting problems too. The SCOM MP 3.0 will not show any alerts. The SCCM component appears to have installation issues. Microsoft’s own updates appear to be the issue many times. I install an update to SQL and SQL stops working. I am using SQL Server 2012 R2 I believe with several updates (9?). But I think the November combined update to the OS kills the functionality of SQL Server 2012 R2. (.NET or WMI and locally signed certificates that are no longer accepted).

The Windows update on the computer running SCCM would no longer use the new Windows update interface to access new updates. I had to use the Windows Update app in Control Panel. I am running that now hoping any remaining updates clear the problems caused by the updates of November.

peter.laycock
Community Member

Hey guys,

I have SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 and have recently installed the application.

When I open the app and enter my credentials, the save location, OS version the 'select a version' is blank.

There is simply nothing to select at all and can't proceed, yet the software is accepting my credentials as ok.

Any advice?

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Peter,

There seems to be an issue with the download APIs for the drivers currently. This is the reason you are not seeing any driver images listed for download. Can you please contact Cisco support team and submit a case for further analysis of this issue.

Meanwhile as a workaround for this issue you can download the required driver zip from cisco.com and use the offline driver zip option in the driver import wizard to create the driver package in the SCCM.

Here are the steps for manual download.

1. Click Support > Downloads > Products > Server-Unified Computing > UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Standalone Server > Software UCS C240 M4 Rack Server Software > Unified Computing System (UCS) Server Configuration Utility Device Drivers Package
  2. Select the Windows Operating System and driver package version of your choice and download the file.

For ex: Cisco Systems

The above driver zip will work for both UCS B-Series and C-Series servers. Let us know if there are any problems in getting the driver zips.

Thanks,

Sumanth.

peter.laycock
Community Member

Thanks mate, I'll go ahead with opening the case on the clients behalf.

Best,

Pete

Dnauman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is this integration pack for SCCM supported with SCCM CB? I am looking to create UCS B and C series SCCM driver packs. If so is there updated documentation?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links