Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA adds NAD's to ISE but with default location

Cyptic man
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

When discovering devices or running LAN automation DNA Center adds the Network access devices automatically to ISE. I need a way to figure out how to define the location of my devices so it's replicated into ISE since my authorization.

My authorization policies is based on location matching so they won't match unless this information is updated manually.

I hope someone has an idea of how to solve this matter.

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have been running an SDA fabric for over a year now and have had to update the NAD attributes in ISE manually for the same reasons. I think your best bet is to consider running a python/programming language of choice script that leverages ISE rest-apis to update the respective attributes. Not sure if Cisco has anything road-mapped for this type of support where DNAC would allow you to automagically do this. You could submit the request via make a wish in DNAC or by submitting it directly to your Cisco reps for BU engagement. See here for a general idea/starting point: http://www.network-node.com/blog/2016/4/19/ise-rest-api-goodbye-click-click-click-click-part-2
HTH!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: