Views
Helpful
Replies

Reduce alerts

KitKay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I'm new to Inter sight monitoring tool, I have add a lot of servers to this portal and I am getting a deluge of alerts. While i figure out the best way to manage these alerts, is there a way I can either reduce the monitoring window or the frequency of the alerts please? 

Thanks.

Kit.

1 Reply 1

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you are referring to the SMTP notifications? Those are statically polling every 10 seconds with an additional 10 second soaking period for any new alarms to show up. The only user configurable settings for the SMTP alarms are the destination and severity category (critical/info etc).

The Intersight powershell or python sdks (https://intersight.com/apidocs/downloads/) would probably be the easiest methods to run on a cron job and filter out faults you are not concerned with and then forward the remaining faults to email/webex room/incident management software etc..

Powershell would be Get-IntersightCondAlarm cmdlet and then adding a -Filter parameter for specific severities/fault codes etc that you were interested in