Views
Helpful
Replies

Differences in Cisco's IoT platform solutions

Stefan8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I am looking into different IoT platforms at the moment and I found multiple products by Cisco: Jasper, Kinetic and IoT Cloud Connect. However, I could not find anything mentioning all of them and most of the information I found was from 2017.

Are all of these platforms still in the portfolio? Are they even separate products or are they all parts of one platform? And what are the differences between the platforms?

All I understand so far is: Jasper was acquired and continued as a Cisco product and Kinetic was build to leverage on Jasper and eventually outgrow it.

Any information on this would be a great help for me.

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Stefan8,

Check what I found in this link:

Jasper Control Center 7.0

Enterprise customers use the Cisco Jasper Control Center platform to manage cellular-connected IoT devices. The service provides real-time control and visibility to launch, manage and monetize IoT deployments.

Cisco Kinetic

Cisco Kinetic is a newly announced IoT operations platform. It encompasses connection management, fog computing and data delivery for all types of connected things. It extends the southbound connection from the edge to the thing itself.

Kinetic complements Jasper and Cisco DNA. Kinetic and Jasper together represent Cisco’s IoT platform portfolio.

https://www.networkworld.com/article/3204247/internet-of-things/cisco-upgrades-one-iot-platform-and-announces-another.html

Regards

Thanks for the reply!
That's basically what I found, too, on different news pages. But all of these articles are from 2017, nothing more current.