Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Image problems

Wes Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Having some problems adding images.

1. I was able to add the Ubuntu server image mentioned in the install guide and it is working 
    It appears on the nodes palette and I can create a topology with it and boot it.
  2. I was also able to add CSR image csr1000v-universalk9.03.13.00a.S.154-3.S0a-ext.qcow2 to the server.  
    However the CSR icon isn't available on the node palette.  How do I fix this?
  3. How to add other vmdk or ovf style images?  
    I have a network emulator that runs as a VM and comes as a vmdk.   I tried installing it and I get the following message ...  -Cannot create image "server-DummyCloud": Failed to convert image to QCOW2: Command '['qemu-img', 'convert', '-O', 'qcow2', '/tmp/tmpnfp_m_', '/tmp/tmpWk3al7']' returned non-zero exit status 1
  4. Where can I find compatible NXos images?  

10 Replies 10

vpandill
Level 1
Level 1

2. We have to fetch from server in CML client.

CML client --> File --> Preferences --> Node Subtypes --> select fetch from Server --> Apply --> Ok

3. you can add vmdk as like qcow2 file through UWM.

Thank you.

#2 is fixed.. I now can see the CSR in the node palette

#3 I did try to import thru the server UWM, but I get the message

"  -Cannot create image "server-DummyCloud": Failed to convert image to QCOW2: Command '['qemu-img', 'convert', '-O', 'qcow2', '/tmp/tmpnfp_m_', '/tmp/tmpWk3al7']' returned non-zero exit status 1" 

You can try yourself .. the OVF image I'm trying is freely available at http://www.dummycloud.com/downloads

#4 Where would I look for the NX images?   I just need to know the correct model/product number  to go look at on CCO

Thank you

you have to add the .vmdk or .qcow2 file only...

That is exactly what im doing

Trying to add the vmdk.   

I think you are trying to upload from your PC through UWM. If so,

Please copy the image using SFTP to CML server and try to load the image from UWM with using local URL path  (where the image is copied ex: /home/virl/<filename>) .

No change.

Still get the message ..

Cannot create image "server-DummyCloud": Failed to convert image to QCOW2: Command '['qemu-img', 'convert', '-O', 'qcow2', '/home/virl/dc.vmdk', '/tmp/tmpmgCkzK']' returned non-zero exit status 1

I"ll open a tac case.

i got the process to work when adding qcow2 image without convert.  

also found you had to change the nic type to e1000 to get around some issues with packet loss on dot1q and QinQ between vIOS and csr. 

"i got the process to work when adding qcow2 image without convert."

How did you do that with a vmdk file?

Craig Brown
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I see you have a few items raised, I'm the TME for Cisco Modeling Labs and in my experience these issues are usually resolved quickly with a webex. I am at CiscoLive this week but can get together next week - my email is craibrow@cisco.com if you would like to reach out and we can organize a time. I can then follow up with the Doc writers to make sure the problems you have are documented clearly.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Brown
Level 4
Level 4

For everyone's reference.

For #2, choose 'Node subtypes' under preferences and 'fetch from server'

For #3 the issue was that the vmdk would not convert with qemu-img from the download. It required that we start the vmdm in vmware as an initial time, and then point to that vmdk. The image converted and imported.

The second part is that for that particular VM there are disk settings that we need to investigate to make it work correctly in a VM environment.

For #4 the NX-OS image is available as part of a beta program. Subhav Mital (smital@cisco.com) is the Product Manager who can help you with that