Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't save ios xrv configuration

Hi,

I'm having a problem with cml.

I save my config on the router (IOSXRV) and after when i end the node and start it back it gone ... 

Here an example :

Commit

save configuration nvram: 

dir nvram: (To be sure that startup config have been created)

Stop this note 

I put the node back on : 

Error :  %SECURITY-SAM-4-WARNING : Failed to initialize nvram digest 

I do dir nvram: and the startup-config file is gone.

Thanks you for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies 2

ssnider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the CML_ Client is used to launch a simulation, it will use the startup_config files associated with the project.  Once running, any changes to the vNode are ephemeral...  even writes to the vNode's "nvram" as that resource is also virtualized within the node instance.  Such configuration changes must be updated to the client's project file if they are to be reused at a later date.  This is accomplished using the Extraction command discussed in the CML User Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud_services/cisco_modeling_labs/v120/configuration/guide/b_cml_user_guide_12/b_cml_user_guide_chapter_0110.html#task_7A05F48D11C64C489E189F23D1EE2B1B

All console sessions must be closed before performing the extraction.  Following the extraction, the project file is saved.  If the original project is desired as a reversion point, save the project with the updated configurations using a revised project filename.

resolve..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: