Views
Helpful
Replies

CML computes not joining controller

SingularTruth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My org just procured CML Enterprise and I'm having problems forming the cluster. I've run through the install for the third time now to make sure the issue is not a PBKAC. 

I'm installing on three dedicated bare metal servers. One for control, two for compute. They are Dell PowerEdge R640 with pleeeeenty of CPU, memory, storage and connectivity. I followed specs and recommendations to a tee. The network and cluster ports are 10G. All of my HW checkouts were good.

At the end of the initial configuration and triple checking credentials, passphrase, etc. etc. are identical on all three servers, I get "Configuration Verification failed with the following result: <omitted> All attempts to contact name servers or networks failed." See attached screenshot. I then choose the "continue regardless" option and the initial install finishes.

I do not have an A record in dns yet so I added the mapping in the hosts file and can resolve hostnames on each node. 

In the CML UI I do not see where I can add the computes. In the "Compute Hosts" section of System Maintenance I only see the controller and no option to try to add the computes or should that be done in cockpit?

The KMX/VMX is yellow x in the cluster status section of diagnostics but I  know I have virtualization enabled.

I do have Hyper Threading(HT) and Virtualization Technology(VT) enabled if that matters.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rkochery
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @SingularTruth , If you have CML enterprise license, please go ahead and create a TAC case. 

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/2-7/support/

Regarding the issue, Did you apply CML enterprise license on the controller? You should apply the license on the controller before attempting to add the computes. 

Attaching a sample network diagram for CML cluster. 

CML Cluster network Diagram.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rkochery
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @SingularTruth , If you have CML enterprise license, please go ahead and create a TAC case. 

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/2-7/support/

Regarding the issue, Did you apply CML enterprise license on the controller? You should apply the license on the controller before attempting to add the computes. 

Attaching a sample network diagram for CML cluster. 

CML Cluster network Diagram.png

Thanks a lot! The issue was the controller was not licensed before I tried to join up the computes. Thanks again, I'm sorted out now.