cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML2 - Unable to delete links

jpeterson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab setup and everything stopped working via consoles.  So i stopped my lab and rebooted the CML server as i needed to expand the HDD space anyways.

Once everything powered up all of the nodes powered up correctly and consoles worked but now networking is not working.

I tracked it down to an issue with the links.

I attempted to delete links and they failed to delete them.

I stopped my nodes and my lab and links still fail to delete.

When I click to delete the link here are the logs from cockpit.

simple_drivers.linux_native.cluster_controller.exceptions.ClusterLabLinkNotFound: l1
raise ClusterLabLinkNotFound(link_id)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_drivers/linux_native/cluster_controller/models/cluster_lab.py", line 65, in get_link
cluster_link = self.get_lab(lab_id).get_link(lab_link_id)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_drivers/linux_native/cluster_controller/cluster_controller.py", line 665, in remove_link_from_hld
await self.remove_link_from_hld(lab_id, link_id)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_drivers/linux_native/cluster_controller/cluster_controller.py", line 635, in remove_link
await cluster.remove_link(lab_id, link_id)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_core/controller/core_southbound.py", line 158, in remove_link
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_core/controller/core_controller.py", line 871, in remove_link
await self.core_controller.remove_link(lab_id, link_id)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_ui/ui_manager.py", line 481, in remove_lab_link
await ui_manager.remove_lab_link(lab_id, link_id, username)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_ui/http_handlers.py", line 812, in link_view_delete
connexion_response = yield from connexion_response
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/connexion/decorators/coroutine_wrappers.py", line 23, in wrapper
response = await handler(request)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_ui/exception_handling.py", line 91, in exception_middleware
Traceback (most recent call last):
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
simple_common.stm.exceptions.LinkNotFoundError: l1
raise LinkNotFoundError(lid)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_drivers/linux_native/cluster_controller/models/cluster_lab_topology.py", line 138, in get_link_by_id
return self.topology.get_link_by_id(link_id)
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_drivers/linux_native/cluster_controller/models/cluster_lab.py", line 63, in get_link
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
KeyError: 'l1'
return self._links[lid]
File "/var/local/virl2/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simple_drivers/linux_native/cluster_controller/models/cluster_lab_topology.py", line 136, in get_link_by_id
ERROR exception_handling:238:Unexpected error during API request '/api/v0/labs/d58e6d/links/l1'.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

what CML version do you run now? Be careful with 2.0 and expanding disk space, we had a few issues after disk space expansion.  do you have any other errors ?

I would just re-create lab without links you don't want to have. Copy and paste your configs.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

CML Version : 2.1.1-19

I don't see any errors outside of this deleting links problem.

I needed more HDD space due to the need for more nodes.  Windows10 was too big so that's why I had to expand luckily I'm large enough to accommodate future needs. 

I am unable to copy configs as I am running ubuntu servers so I have already started down the path of scrapping that lab and starting brand new.

Do you have any suggestions on anything to look at for why the links are failing due to the log I posted or is anything else I should be looking for?

you can try CML group on CLN, https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO3i00000094ZjGAI/cisco-modeling-labs-personal-community

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **