cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXI 5.5 Unable to power on CML VM (deployed from OVF)

supermop2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I'm having problems attempting to power on the CML VM from my ESXi cluster.

I get an error that says the following: Insufficient resources to satisfy configured failover level for vSphere HA

But the error is bogus. We have enough resources left to power Google on the HA side, and this VM doesnt seem to have any special HA config on it, and only needs a few CPU's and 8GB RAM. The cluster is running about 200 other VM's no problem, and I'm able to build and power on large VM's that have twice the number of CPU's and memory configured.

I've found a list of "fixes" which basically tell me to turn off HA or other silly suggestions. None I'm willing to do to get a single VM powered on.

Is there a bug with this OVF?

We're running ESXI 5.5.0 build 1746018-Custom-Cisco-5.5.1.3

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

noabushe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What CML image are you running? Where did you obtain it? The majority of CML installations are on ESXi. CML minimum requirements is 4 CPUs (or vCPUs) and 16 GB RAM.

We're using CML 1.2 OVF, which was obtained directly from cisco.com.

Our hypervisor infrastructure has over 16 CPU's and 128GB RAM (it's a scalable blade stack). Plenty of resources there!!

As mentioned in the above post, its ESXi 5.5.0 build 1746018-Custom-Cisco-5.5.1.3