cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add Serial interfaces to CML routers

jRyan_H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I haven't found any routers with serial ports in the workbench. Does CML support serial interfaces? if so, how do I add them to the IOSv routers?

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I don't think you can add serial ones; those have been diminishing from emulators, exams, real -world usage and necessity. 

you can use GNS3 if u really want to practice serial topologies

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Or you could use Packet Tracer. for serial interfaces.

This is FOC and far less hassle to set up if you are studying for CCNA R &S or similar

tperiasa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CML Breakout UI shows the serial ports.  NOT SURE how the hell to access and configure those.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud_services/cisco_modeling_labs/v200/configuration/guide/b_cml_user_guide_2-0.pdf
ciscoCML2-serial-ports.jpg

Are these showing just the telnet connections.??

Sorry for replying on years old thread however it might be helpful for someone looking for the same answer. The Serial ports listed in the breakout tool are the console serial ports which are to access the device. The are not the network serial ports. As already answered by Martin L, CML doesnt have an option to test serial network connections. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: