Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't access the console in Cisco Modeling Labs

ancapdude
Level 1
Level 1

To Whom It May Concern,

I am new to IT and studying for my CCNA exam.  I bought Cisco Modeling Labs and VMware in order to run CML on my Mac.  I have been attempting to build the simplest of topologies, a single switch and four PC hosts.  Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to bring up the console for the switch.  I bought all of this expensive software in order to practice entering commands into the console.  I can't seem to be able to access the console for the switch.  Please keep in mind that I am truly an IT beginner and I am working on my very first certification.  Did I purchase the wrong products or am I just not using them correctly?  Any help would be greatly appreciated (although I still am not sure how to thank anyone who answers a question posted here)  Thank you in advance.  

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @ancapdude ,

There is a community for CML - you may get a faster response if you post this question at https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO3i00000094ZjGAI/cisco-modeling-labs-personal-community

BUT

If you do get an answer at the CML forum, please return to this forum and add a link (because in the future, people searching for the same answer may end up here)

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thank you so much.  Sorry, I am extremely new to all of this.  I will try posting the question in the CML community.  Thank you for your help.