cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help in packet tracer

jassimmohd44
Level 1
Level 1

I have 5 networks, each network has 2 PCs, 1 of the networks has 2 servers, 1 uses IPv4 and the other IPv6. every pc has IPv4 and IPv6. Everything is working properly and can be pinged, except for the IPv6 server. When I ping starting from it to other pc in any network it wont ping. If I ping starting from a pc on the same network it works, but if i started from another network it wont work. What do you think might be the problem?

this is the network

3 Replies 3

joselgo2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jassim.

Could you verified if you have an acl in the router?, after you do that maybe try a tracert for find where you lose your ping in order to troubleshoot your route.

greetings!

Thank you for the reply. I just started studying networking and using packet tracer so i dont know what acl is. But it seemed that my mistake was using the packet icon on the right to ping instead of the command prompt. When I realized that  and used the simulation mode I figured out that I did something wrong in the ospf routing protocol. It works fine now. Your reply made me think of the answer. thank you.

How can I delete this comment?